RICH SEYMOUR for MAYOR
In Your Corner!
Twenty five years ago we fell in love with Westminster. The spectacular mountain views, diverse neighborhoods, wonderful schools and close proximity to everything great that Colorado offers – make our city an easy choice to start a business and raise a family. It would be an honor to be your mayor. To serve this great city, work together and help provide focus as we grow.
Where do I stand?
You deserve more than the typical ambiguous “platform” that most candidates run out every election! The future of our city is too important for blanket statements that don’t address your concerns. This is a non-partisan race, where we can work together to provide real world solutions – not just big promises from divisive big national parties! As your Mayor, I promise to STAND WITH YOU…IN YOUR CORNER!
- BE A PUBLIC SERVANT
- REALLY LISTEN TO OUR CITIZENS!
- SPECIFICALLY ADDRESS YOUR CONCERNS
I welcome the opportunity to listen to you. To learn what is important to you and your neighbors, that is the way it should be.
Why am I the most qualified to be Mayor?
Westminster residents deserve a fresh perspective and fresh new personality serving them as Mayor. The Mayor is the face of our City and must be an outstanding communicator. Personality does matter and what you say and how you say it matters! As a local business owner for over 14 years, I learned the importance of listening. I’m out in public everyday and have many years of experience interacting with residents and business owners. In the Westminster community, I am known as an ethical business leader and sound decision maker with vision. We need a Mayor who has been and will continue to be visible and “in your corner”.
What is the most important issue facing Westminster and how will you address it?: We, the residents of Westminster, have had enough of personal agendas and bickering. Our time must be focused on smart growth and long term financial stability while communicating clearly to our residents. Let’s be positive, let’s move forward together. I will work to build consensus.
What do you think the city does well and where do you see room for improvement?
We have an outstanding group of people, from our Police, Fire and City Staff, who are dedicated to the Westminster S.P.I.R.I.T. Our Recreation Centers, parks and trails, and commitment to Open Spaces is outstanding! We need to improve the communications between our residents and the City, two recent examples of this are the trash issue and the water tower replacement on Gregory Hill. As public servants, we must be the ears, eyes and advocates for our residents.
What is your favorite thing about living in Westminster?
When we moved here 26 years ago, my wife and I knew we had found a great place to raise our three children. While developing my own business, I have been able to actively participate in our community and have made Westminster truly a home. Amazing neighbors, parks, trails, open space, family activities and a sense of belonging has kept us here.
Rich is a Colorado native and graduate of Northglenn High School and the University of Northern Colorado where he met his wife Shelly. Rich, Shelly and their three children have lived in Westminster since 1991 where he’s involved in grass roots city and community volunteerism.
Rich joined Farmers Insurance in 1988 and has had the opportunity to part of both the Corporate and independent sides of the business. Since 2003 Rich has been an independent owner of his Farmers Insurance Agency located in the Westbrook Shopping Center in his Westminster neighborhood.
Rich enjoys gardening, gourmet cooking & wine and riding his road and mountain bikes and celebrating the Colorado outdoors.
- University of Northern Colorado Rugby Player & Coach 1980-1983
North Jefferson Jr. Baseball Association (NJJBA)
- Youth Baseball Coach 9 year old- freshman 2009, NJJBA Board of Directors 1st Vice-President 2006
- APEX Park & Recreation Distinguished Service Award 2010
Standley Lake High School
- After-Prom Committee
- Career & Technical Education Committee
- the “Voice of Gator baseball”
- Westminster Citizen’s Fire Academy Graduate 2013
- Westminster Public Safety Recognition Foundation, Board of Directors
- Westminster Chamber of Commerce – Charter Member & Founding Board of Directors since 2014
- Westminster Citizen’s Police Academy Graduate 2015
- Westminster Citizen’s Police Academy Alumni Association
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA):
- Past President NAIFA – North Metro Denver Association
- Past President NAIFA – Colorado
- NAIFA Government Relations Committee – Legislative Advocate Colorado
- Bachelors of Arts University of Northern Colorado, Greeley 1981
- Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI), Insurance Institute of America 1991
- Certificate in Life Insurance (CLI), The American College 2005
- Graduate – Leadership in Life Institute (LILI) 2014